Leaf collection begins mid-October and will run through the beginning of December, weather
Residents can help ensure that the collection process runs smoothly by following these simple
- Place only leaves in leaf piles, other forms of yard waste such as rocks, tree branches,
sticks, flowers, garden plants, weeds, animal feces and grass clippings, slow the collection
process and damage city equipment.
- All yard waste can still be disposed of at the Service Department in dumpsters and
- Leaf piles should be placed at your curb not in the street.
- Leaves should not be placed behind parked cars or near storm drains.
- Make sure leaves are piled within 5 feet of the curb or machines will not be able to reach
- Do not place leaves by mailboxes, sign posts, telephone poles or under trees.
- Do not pile leaves in ditches or over catch basins as this may cause flooding.
- Leaf machines are unable to pick up leaves that are frozen to the ground or exceptionally
heavy from rain.
- Snow will temporarily halt leaf collection.
- We will cover every street in the city approximately every 7 to 10 days. Phone calls are
Please do not park cars in the street by existing leaf piles between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and
3:00 p.m. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and efforts.