Brook Park residents may rake leaves onto their tree lawns once they begin falling. We do not have scheduled leaf collection, it is at the Service Director’s discretion when leaves will be picked up by our crews. There are no set days for pick-up in your area, so please just be sure that piles are kept away from sewer grates and storm drains in the street.
At the end of the season if you still have leaves not yet raked onto tree lawns, you can put them in paper leaf bags and take them to the Service Department for disposal.
Our Service Department offers these tips for successful leaf collections:
- Do not put leaves in plastic bags – rake them onto your tree lawn.
- Leaves are composted but plastic bags do not decompose
- After Halloween put pumpkins in your garbage or compost it, please do not place on leaf piles
- Do not put brush in the leaf piles.
- In the off season, leaves may be taken to Recycle