Planning ahead can better your chances on safely get your kids to school, yourself to work, and any other place you need to go? It is important to be prepared before the first snowflake hits the pavement.
TIPS FROM FOR PREPARATION:
- Check tires for tread wear and proper inflation. A good set of tires can provide your car with traction even in adverse weather conditions.
- Check the condition of windshield wipers.
- Check your defroster and make sure it works properly.
- Check washer fluid reservoir. Make sure you use a fluid that will not freeze in lower temperatures.
- Make sure you have a brush/ice scraper in your vehicle
- Prepare an emergency kit (blankets, water, food, jumper cables, etc.) and place in your vehicle.
The Brook Park Public Services Department is responsible for providing snow and ice control for the City’s streets and parking lots. Their goal is to maintain safe access for services throughout the city. Snow removal operations are critical for safe transportation and the economic health of our city.
Plan ahead and have a safe holiday! Happy Thanksgiving!