City of Brook Park Tips & Info
GUIDELINES FOR PREVENTING MOSQUITO ACTIVITY AND REDUCING HUMAN EXPOSURE
- Clean, drain and cover pools or hot tubs if not in use
- Dispose of containers that collect water such as buckets, scrap tires, cans, and flower pots
- Eliminate areas of standing water
- Empty and refill bird baths at least once a week
- Fill tree holes with tar or cement
- Keep children indoors during times of peak mosquito activity – one hour before and one hour after sunset
- Repair leaky outdoor faucets that leave puddles
- Tightly screen all openings of your home
- Unclog all gutters and drains
- Use insect repellent on both skin and clothing. Repellents should contain DEET, picaridin or lemon eucalyptus oil for skin, and permethrin for clothing. Follow label directions.
- Wear light-colored clothing that covers arms and legs
You can prevent personal exposure to mosquitoes by using insect repellent containing DEET, picaridin, or lemon eucalyptus oil and follow the label directions.
Joe Lynch, Program Manager/Vector Control and Nuisances – 216.201.2001 x1241
Kevin Brennan – Communications Officer – 216.313.4227
Ticks are a concern for adults, children and pets. You can follow these tips to help prevent tick bites.
Simple guidelines to prevent tick bites:
This video offers instruction for removing a tick from a human:
You may visit our website for more information about ticks: